Monday, January 5, 2009

Hedy Lamarr

Do you ever watch old black and white movies and check out the actresses? I like to transport them into the present day in my mind and imagine how they would look in a modern context.

I have a few favorites that I could easily fall in love with if my time machine worked.

Audrey Hepburn in her "Roman Holiday" era is so sweet and pretty.




I also dig Donna Reed. She was lovely in "It's a Wonderful Life" and kept it sexy years layer when she played a dentist's wife on the "Donna Reed Show".



To me the most beautiful and, most likely, most cold hearted would be Hedy Lamarr.
Austrian born, first nude movie scene ever, mysterious.





Most people think Hedy Lamarr is Harvey Kormann's character in "Blazing Saddles".
Most old time actresses looks wouldn't cut it today, but I think Hedewig would just destroy.

No comments:

The Beer Taps of Knowlegde

Followers

Blog Archive