Friday, January 9, 2009

XR1200

Had to meet Roger Rammjett today at TSI Columbia. While waiting I checked out the new XR1200.


Previously a Euro only model, they decided to lets us Yankees have a shot at one.


Had enough room for even full grown riders. Flat track bars were wide.


The exposed oil cooler is the only hokey assed part of it's design. Looks like it could be easily damaged on a parking lot drop.


Sportbike style wheels and rubber, beefy inverted forks, aluminum swingarm and cast looking aluminum parts. I give it an A on looks. I asked Bill the manager if I could take it out for a test ride to do an article about it. He though I was joking.


Screaming of the Springfield Mile, Scotty Parker, Chris Carr and Grand National, XR750 Glory.




I hope this model succeeds and doesn't end up like the 78 Cafe Racer. The stupid "Sportsters are girl's bikes" attitude certainly does not apply here.

No comments:

The Beer Taps of Knowlegde

Followers

Blog Archive