Sunday, November 30, 2008

American LIFE


LIFE magazine has started posting photos from their archives. Old news to some but big news to me. I am fascinated by old photos and have been harvesting the pics that I find interesting. The cool part is that they are posting some pics that never made the magazine. I am in heaven. Take a look yourself.
http://images.google.com/hosted/life
I really yearn for the America of 1939-1964. I doubt life was easier then, but it seems better.
I found one of my two favorite motorcycle photos. Rollie Free riding his Vincent 150 mph at Bonneville Salt Flats.

I am still looking for the infamous pic of some drunk dude on a bobber Harley from the July 21, 1947 issue. From the Hollister Riot article.
Settle down and go explore. You will find pictures mislabeled so be creative with your search terms.

No comments:

The Beer Taps of Knowlegde

Followers

Blog Archive