Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Vetter Liberator

Secret Squirrel has a beater KZ750LTD with a Vetter Windjammer.

Over the years I have hated these fairings, mostly from all the used bikes I bought and sold. I would usually take the fairing off in order to sell the UJM of the week. Yes, I know they work. Yes, I know how they influenced Honda to make the Aspencade. They just wouldn't help selling a $800 CB750.

So I always bust his ass about it. He has reverence for Craig Vetter, but we always hassle him about it. His Dad's garage was next to the original Manchester Honda, and his father would color match dozens of Vetters every year for the Honda dealership.

Today I went to Vetter's homepage and found the Holy Grail of Windjammers, The Vetter/Harley Liberator.

Holy Grail of Windjammers.
The "Liberator" for FLH.



Even Fuckin Elvis had one!


Molds destroyed in fire, only 1000 made.

I have seen maybe two of these over the years. Damn Ugly. I think if Vetter was allowed to cover the lighting area with a plastic cover, like he wanted, it would have been OK. Federal DOT laws would not permit it.
You have to admire the quality Vetter put into his products, they are still everywhere and being transferred from bike to bike. I sold a few on ebay and shipped them all over. A bitch to package and ship.
Info from
http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Vetter_Fairings/Liberator.html

No comments:

The Beer Taps of Knowlegde

Followers

Blog Archive